Saturday, August 19, 2006

Three Days In

Three days into school and LP’s doing great! Kudos to my kid. He’s brought home homework. He’s been prepared. He’s taking math, Spanish, Business apps, World Geography, English and something else I can’t remember right now. Friday he told me his business teacher (LP had him for something else last year) gave them the last ten minutes of class time to work on homework. The teacher was walking around the room and came up to Liam and said, “Why Liam, you’re actually doing your homework?” LP replied, “Yeah.” Teacher: “Great! What happened to you over the summer?” LP said he just laughed.
Three days down, a hundred and some to go. I am crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes hoping he’ll keep it up.

So today I have to go to the bank. To the grocery. And I want to go shopping for a new jacket. I was watching What Not To Wear on TLC last night and Stacy and Clinton are all about nipped-in-the-waist jackets to wear over a “nice blouse.” I want a chocolate brown one.

More chores. I have to clean the birdbath. I need to ask LP to mow the lawn (if it doesn’t rain.) I have fifty million loads of laundry to do.So why am I here with you? Bye for now!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Good for LP!

Anonymous said...

I think you'd rather be here with us than cleaning the birdbath, frankly.

schell said...

Way to go LP!
You wouldn't believe how much my laundry has increased since JJ came. It's insane.