Sunday, August 13, 2006

Handy Help From the Wonderful BP

BP’s out of town on business and as per usual every time he’s out of town something around this house breaks down. This time it’s the garbage disposal. I IMd him last night and said he might have to cut his trip short and come home to repair it. Then I got booted offline. Later I received this email from him:

Hi Puddin,


You disappeared before I had a chance to tell you how to fix the disposal.

First, you can remove the black rubber thing in the bottom of the drain.

Make sure the disposal switch is turned off, then reach in (you can wear rubber gloves for this) and remove whatever's on top of the macerator. Then, try turning the macerator by hand, or you can use a wooden broomstick to try turning it.

If the macerator turns ok, then look on the disposal unit itself under the sink. There's a reset button on there somewhere. I can't remember if it's on the side or on the end, but it will be a small button, probably either red, white, or black, and might be either square or round. When you push it in, you should hear/feel a click. That reset's the disposal circuit breaker.

After resetting the disposal breaker, try turning it on. It should spin normally. If it doesn't, there's probably something stuck around or underneath it.

You could also ask Bill to take a look at it -- he should know how to fix it.

I'll call you later on.

I love you lots :)

d


I must tell you, he’s a genius. I followed the instructions and fixed it! I’m not mechanical at all but I’ll tell you I felt just like a regular Schneider from One Day at a Time!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it an altoids tin stuck in it?

Jenny Robin said...

duh, stupidhead

EVERYONE knows how to fix a sink garbage disposal unit.

and if you'd quit bathing your gnomes you wouldn't have this problem

The Broards said...

"EVERYONE knows how to fix a sink garbage disposal unit."


do not!

Catz said...

you go Emm!

schell said...

Is the Bill you could call Allan's Bill? He makes housecalls?

sparky said...

"MY " Bill would have that damn thing up and running in a matter of seconds . He's a smart fellow and a problem like that garbage disposal would be right up his alley . I've often wondered what Bill does on the weekends and Tuesdays and Thursdays when he's not here and now I find out he goes to indiana to fix stuff and here I thought he laid around watching football. Allan

Waltzing Matilda said...

Pat yourself on the back Emma.

The Broards said...

Schell, "Our" Bill is the nice widower next door. He likes to be useful. He also feeds the one-eared black neighborhood cat

Jenny Robin said...

I think he fondles your gnomes when you're at work.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I know how to fix a garbage disposal.

:-P

Weenie.