Wednesday, August 30, 2006

RIP Gossip Column

Respighi demands a new post so I’ve selected to rag on Binx and his new Katy Tried column. He’s too lazy (or uninteresting) to post his own blog and he’s been itching to take over the gossip column for a long while now.

This little chestnut is from his latest post:
Spendastic: does any body in hr know emmawrites?
whas up wit her?
BinxB91: emma was once a great wit
Spendastic: once?
BinxB91: well, these days she talks mostly about TV
Spendastic: i talked with her once long ago, and then
i'd see her words pop up and they were...well...deranged?

Why is this funny? Because when I did the gossip column, Binx sent the very same post and quip about me, my wit, and TV, twice---to Timmy and Gus both. WTF? Get a new line, Binx. We get it. I watch too much television. I’m not witty no mo’. Point taken. Move on.

I’d like to know what exactly Binx has contributed to this site. In the words of the Famous F: “Cite please.” Almost every comment (except his famous baseball book review which read like he C&P’d it from Amazon) he’s made on the community blog and other shelfers blogs have been condescending. His comments to Schelll on her blog are always paternal blatherings. They read like sneering pats on the head.

The first abookshelf.org gossip column was my invention (drawn from inspiration of Auntie Fay Corgasm’s advice column) and, modesty aside, has gone down hill since I stopped doing it (apologies to the dead Meemaw.)

Binx needs to edit. His columns are too long and boring. If people wanted to read pages and pages of comments that contribute nothing to the overall “tidbit” they’d go into the Book Shelf themselves and participate. Edit. Edit. Edit.

I hate what my Gossip Column baby’s become. It’s boring as hell. No pizazz. No zip. No wit no mo’. RIP.

My suggestion to Binx is (and always has been) to develop his own column and fill it with all of his intellectual musings. I’d like to see if that’s possible. No TV (well maybe some PBS stuff you can nick from Naggy). No entertainment. No Tom Cruise. No co-workers. No children. No pictures. No politics. No hobbies. No school. No movies. No spouse. Just intellectual offerings as he sees them. Can he do it? Probably not. It would take more than a cut & paste effort.

12 comments:

Waltzing Matilda said...

Damn Emma, you're almost as mean and contrary as I am today!

Jenny Robin said...

This is only slightly better shit. I feel you can do better, Emma. Keep practicing. You might make state if you do.

And now, I'm off to go check out a new housing community before going to work. Ta ta.

Anatole David said...

My blog does what you ask Binx to do in the blog you wish him to have--Secondly KatyTried is better than the earlier incarnations of the gossip column--BeddaHopper wasn't bad either. I even liked MeeMaw----It seems you have a fixation with Binx.

Jenny Robin said...

Fixation with Binx = Binxation

The Broards said...

KaLe, But I thought I was obsessed with you!

Sonya said...

I'm maxed out and this site is about #100 on my priority list. Not that I don't love it, but it's still #100.

Anonymous said...

Define "my site"; Emma's blog, Katie's blog, any given blog?

I figured awhile back that people were bored with just hearing that I went to work and read, so I started throwing in saints & Today In History stuff. If people like it, fine; if they don't, there are other places they can wander to on the Net.

And I like Binx; he makes neat comments on my blogs, and called me "surprisingly pretty", which is the best compliment I've gotten in a month of Sundays.

The Broards said...

Define
'Define "my site" '

Meme said...

Mostly the site bores me these days it bores me to the extent that I can't be bothered to blog anymore with any gusto ,there are a couple of blogs I enjoy, the rest of it is just so much bland shit and people trying to prove their intellectual supriority ,only they don't have as much of that as they think they do,It's like a minimalists room ,you start off thinking wow this is really cool and clean and pure then you realise its like that because there is fuck all in it

Anatole David said...

Weasle,


I hope I am not one of those poor souls trying to prove a superiority I never claimed. Maybe I am bland shit.

Meme said...

I wouldn't know david I never read your blog

Anatole David said...

everyone should read my blog---it is the best---it is also prophetic