Thursday, August 31, 2006

BP's birthday

Yesterday was BP's fiftieth birthday. He wanted a
few things from one of his favorite stores (Harbor Freight Tools.)
And instead of going out for dinner he had a simple request.
He wanted me to make him ham and my "special eggs." And so I did.
I even threw in a bagel and his favorite strawberry preserves.

Special eggs:

5 or 6 large eggs, whisked with three tablespoons cold water.
salt
pepper

Melt a pat of butter in a skillet and cook the eggs over a very low heat,
stirring gently until just set. Serves two. They were good
(I add chopped fresh parsley and basil in mine--BP doesn't like
"weeds".)


Here are some cosmos. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to BP! My hubbies 50th is Monday. I won't be making him eggs though. We are going to a lodge in northern wisconsin for two days for relaxation and fun.

The Broards said...

damn, Spidey. That sounds like a good time. Have fun!!

Sonya said...

Emma, that's so weird. My daughter's 16th bday was yesterday.

Jenny Robin said...

Happy Birthday to BP. He's like the uncle I never knew I did or didn't have. He likes Sci-Fi, so that's good enough for me.

But you can tell him the following, which is straight from my heart:

"Hi, BP, this is Respighi. Damn, you're an old man now! Your pal, Res."

The Broards said...

Tree,
Happy Birthday to your lil limb. Sprout?


Respighi, yes he loves sci fi. Yesterday I was trying to sleep and he was in the living room watching TV. It was very loud so I yelled, "What are you watching???" He said it was a good movie on the sci fi channel called "Painkiller Jane"
I said, A movie named Painkiller Jane canNOT be good.

Waltzing Matilda said...

I love those cheesy sci-fi channel movies!!!!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Happy Birthday, BP!!!! Sorry, I'm late. Emma had me locked up in the closet.