Monday, July 17, 2006

Gnomes on sale

Yesterday it was around 95 degrees with 100% humidity so I got the bright idea of transplanting a rose bush. Bad idea.

This rose bush was being crowded out by the freaking coneflowers so it was move it or lose it, and I took pity on the thing. So with a baseball cap on my head and a wet kitchen towel on my neck I cleared the new spot, dug a nice big hole, filled it with some fertilized soil and made room for the rose. Then I took a 15 minute break in the air conditioning with a huge bottle of iced water.

Then I dug up this two year old rose bush. It gave me some trouble. Finally got it up and move to its new spot. I cut back all the old canes and some of the foliage. I watered and watered and watered it. Mulched it and watered some more. After all that work and sweat, I hope it makes it.

Oh, and guess what! I went to my favorite discount department store Target (Hi, Biddy, you old hag) and found a cool ultra contemporary red plasticy and chrome chair that was originally $80! I couldn’t imagine anyone paying $80 for this chair, which is probably why they were marked down to $19.99. I bought one and put it on my front porch to replace a yucky old white plastic chair.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, they had the GNOMES on sale! Remember the gnomes I bought in April or May? The cute ones? Anyway I bought TWO more because they were only $4.98 each. I couldn’t believe it.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

so where are the pictures of said gnomes?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Emma's gnome obsession is bordering on a fetish.

Waltzing Matilda said...

I wonder if BP looks like a big gnome?

UrbanStarGazer said...

When I see that "Gnomes on Sale" I say it, in my head, to the Duran Duran tune "Girls on Film".

Meme said...

BP only looks ike a gnome when he wears the lederhosen and embroideredshirt emma bought him on ebay.She is return dresses up as an altoids tin and lets him play with her morse key