Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I voted today.

Indiana holds its primary elections on the first Tuesday in May. Today. So I went to vote. A bunch of school board people, and other assorted local politicians. People can’t solicit 50 yards from the polls so they stand in a line in the parking lot. This one pushy broard asks me, “Did you come here to vote?” I gave her a “why else would I be here at 6:15 am?” look. She then shoves her election brochure into my hand and pipes up with a “VOTE FOR ME!!!” Not an “I’d appreciate your vote,” or “Please vote for me.” So I looked at the name under her picture on the brochure, went into the polling place and voted against her.
Did anyone in the history of mankind walk up to a polling place and just by being told to vote for Candidate A as opposed to Candidate B, slap themselves in the forehead and say, “Wow! I guess I’ll vote for YOU!”?
My point: 100% of the people (Internet statistic) who haul their asses out of bed to vote in a PRIMARY of all things are pretty much set as to who(m) they’re voting for.

1 comment:

UrbanStarGazer said...

If someone did that to me, I would have turned to her and handed back her flier and said, "No. Thanks."