Friday, May 05, 2006

Creed

One of my new favorite The Office characters is the old man Creed. Last night’s episode was about complaints to HR. The young temp Ryan had complained that Creed always had an “Old Man smell.” Creed smiled and said, “I know what he means. He opened his desk drawer to show a layer of sprouted mung beans on paper towels. “I sprout mung beans in my desk,” and as he popped some in his mouth he deadpans, “they smell like death.” Hahahaha. I laughed out loud. This was a good episode—I laughed out loud three times. I very seldom do that while watching TV.

I tried to Google a picture of the guy who plays Creed (I think his name actually is Creed) but no luck. He was in a background shot of one the of photos on the sitcom's website but it wasn't a good one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You owe me big time, Emma; his name is Creed Bratton IRL, and he is listed on IMDB as not only being with The Office as "Creed", but also as an original member of The Grassroots. And I found that here: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0105588/

The Broards said...

Kath, I knew he was in the Grassroots, so la-de-dah.
What I couldn't find is a picture of him in his Office role as Creed.
BUt thanks :)

schell said...

Emma, I thought it was a great episode too...I also found myself laughing out loud (mainly when they were listing all the things that Michael(?) did to Dwight. Earl was really good last night too. Did you see it? I love Randy. "If someone cut me in half, I wouldn't fight with the other half, I'd try to work together so I could get to the hospital."

The Broards said...

that Michael(?) did to Dwight.

Jim Halpert who Michael once called Fat Halpert . . . and then laughed.

schell said...

That Jim did to Dwight...I got the names mixed up

Sonya said...

I watched that episode this morning. I liked it when Phyllis hissed, "I don't like you" to Angela and also when she slammed the refrigerator door. Excellent episode. Next week, it's 40 minutes, so get ready for the finale.