Sunday, February 05, 2006

Conversation with the Cat



These pictures are last spring’s columbine and honeysuckle. Both are to the point of going wild in my yard. This spring I need to thin out the columbine because it reseeds everywhere. And I’m considering hacking down and Rounding-Up the honeysuckle after it blooms. I think I want to plant clematis in its stead.

The Cat-on-the-back-porch experiment was a success. She didn’t do too badly out there—a little meowing at the beginning. At 5:30 am I got up to pee and let her back in,
Later, when I was watching Samantha Brown:

Me: Do you forgive me for making you stay on the porch?
Nesta: (just looks at me)
Me: You did a good job out there!
Nesta: (just looks at me)
Me: Well, that’s how it’s going to be from now on, so just suck it up and live with it.
Nesta: (hops up on my lap and chews on the string from my hoodie)

Does anyone know when the Super Bowl starts? LP wants to watch it over at his friend Jordan's house but I think it goes on until about 10. Right?

1 comment:

schell said...

The game doesn't start until 6:30 my time. It won't be over until at least 10.

Oh, and the cat is just waiting.