Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rag's Luck

I just read old Rags' blog and it puts me in the damnable position of defending her—which I do not like at all.

Apparently someone posted in that Zag Wiki Shelf thing that Rag was in a cult, and since she uses the name Ragmuffin in her photography business (only God knows why) a potential client Googled her name . . up pops the Zag thing and now this would be client doesn’t want a cult member to photograph his whatever. Rag’s out $700 big ones.

I always knew that Wiki thing was a bad idea and a place that people would go to shit on others, that’s why I wasn’t a fan of it. Not to mention I wasn’t a fan of Zagglossus….I thought he was a pedantic blowhard. But I digress.

Anyway, if Rag wasn’t such a rag I’d consider sending her $700. That is, if I had an extra $700 bucks. Or I could sell one of the purses my sister’s given me over the years. But I won’t do that either.

But I’m sorry about her luck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree it stinks althugh you have to onder about the mentality of a man who will google something and just take what it says as gospel without asking more details but it still sucks she lost the commission

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of that Wiki either. I'm guessing not too many people are since it hasn't had many entries.

Anonymous said...

Since anyone can edit the Wiki, it seems like a good idea to simply check it every once in awhile to see whats there. Then, again, it's a good idea to google yourself (and screenames) and see what's out there about you in the world.

Anonymous said...

Never shit where you eat. -blu

Anonymous said...

i don't know what the zag wiki thing is. but i never get anything when i google my real name and the only thing that comes up with my e-mail is the shelf. perhaps this is why they tell you to keep personal and private e-mail separate?

Jilly

Anonymous said...

When I google my real name, work related stuff pops up. when I google my screenname, usually my blog and the shelf site come up.

Zag's wiki is editable by anyone, so as long as it exists it's probably wise to check it out everyonce in a while.