Saturday, March 29, 2008

I bought a cardinal "windy wings" outdoor mobile and it's cute.
It's hanging outside on my porch alongside my windchimes.
Cardinal is the Indiana State Bird. Do you know your State Bird?
Clanky & Mems, does England have an official bird, like the
U.S. has the eagle?
In case there is doubt in anyone's mind, I have officially crossed
over to "old lady." Not quite on the par of the woman who has thirteen
house cats, but close. However, I do talk to the butterflies and birds who visit my birdfeeders.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

my state bird is the robin.
and i have wind chimes, and i feed the birds. and i get my pj's on as soon as i get home from work, unless i am going out for dinner.
i don't mind being an old lady either. however, i am still "hot".

Anonymous said...

Ok I am english I thought you;d bought a new phone and was trying to work out why you hung it by the door until it fell into place

Anonymous said...

the european robin is the national bird of england

Jenny Robin said...

Texas=Mockingbird

Flower is Bluebonnet

Clank Napper said...

I believe the official old bird of England is Camilla Parker Bowles.

Anonymous said...

it's the baltimore oriole here, thought i've never had any in my yard. we get a lot of robins. i have wind chimes and butter fly hangings i got at the garden center. this summer i'll put up a few bird houses and feeders out back, but since we no longer have any trees in the yard, i'll have to get poles put in.

i can't wait to be an old lady.

jilly

Anonymous said...

Arkansas's state bird is also the mockingbird--though frankly, as big as the mosquitoes here get...