Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Emma's Plan for Economic Renewal

It's Tuesday.

I'm going to campaign that America adopt a 30 hour work week. We'd probably be more productive and there's be less sick time.

A 30 hour work week.

A mandatory 10 weeks of vacation time per year.

A minimum of 10 dollars per hour.

Meetings cannot last more than 30 minutes or the caller of that meeting gets beheaded.

Free Panera coffee and bagels every morning.

If a person wants to come into work in flannel pajamas, I say go for it, however any man who comes to work dressed in khaki pants and a blue shirt gets beheaded.

I will be issued a Taser gun and and am free to use it on people that I dislike and who I do not want to hear from in the office. First offense, get Tasered, second offense, get beheaded.


That will do for starters.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

one week later... there is no one left with a head.

i don't think it is going to work.

Anonymous said...

spidey,
emma will have to do all the work herself and i think it'll take more than 30 hours.

jilly

The Broards said...

Are you two raining on my parade?

:)

Clank Napper said...

Beheading is my biggest fear. So I will toe the line in Emmas work.

Brenda said...

not raining on your parade. just being realistic, cause i don't want to hear from anyone at the office and if i incorporated your policy, everyone would be beheaded the first day,cause someone is always bitching about something, and i am always the lucky recipient.

off with their heads!!!!

Gail said...

I;d pass the beheading part along to my daughter, but since she's training 6 new people all at a different part of the program, I'm afraid she'd follow through.

Roger said...

I often wear khaki pants with blue shirts and tasteful ties.

On the other hand, I do carry a few silver bullets in honor of the local tradition that puts them in the hands of a few stalwart citizens and grants immunity from prosecution for any acts committed using a silver bullet.

Hi-yo, Silver, away!
R