Friday, December 07, 2007

Last Night

I completed our Christmas cards last night and will mail them on the way to work today. LP signed them all and I signed BP & my names because he is out of town until Sunday.
I didn't send too many this year, and you--all of my cyber friends and aquaintances--aren't getting squat (not that you mind, I'm sure.)
I decided to go ahead and put up a Christmas tree this year--a small 5 ft tall one--that Nesta aka Miss Kiki Marie has taken to munching on and batting at.
I had lunch with friends yesterday and someone brought up the subject of Christmas . . how she's gotten all her gifts purchased and wrapped and is planning to bake this weekend. I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. I have not bought one gift item yet. I don't want to. It seems more like a chore than something I want to do, so I haven't done it yet.
Is there a law that says people have to be jolly around this time of year?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

yes there is a law that says you must be jolly and have the spirit of christmas, goodwill toward man or....... you will be visited by 3 spirits scroggetta.

with all due respect to dickens....


``What else can I be,'' returned the uncle, ``when I live in such a world of fools as this Merry Christmas! Out upon merry Christmas. What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer; a time for balancing your books and having every item in 'em through a round dozen of months presented dead against you? If I could work my will,'' said Scrooge indignantly, ``every idiot who goes about with ``Merry Christmas'' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.


cheer up emma. and i am sending you a card anyway.

schell said...

I stopped sending cards a couple of years ago. Every year, I say I'm going to start again the following year, but I don't.

Clank Napper said...

My late father always said you should only have to send cards to people that you aren't going to see of the Christmas period.

I have bought one present, and last night I wrote out my cards, but only because I lost my gameboy.