Friday, December 28, 2007

For Clanky & Catz, my recipe or sugar cream pie:
1. Go to Marsh grocery store.
2. Buy a sugar cream pie.


I love to cook, but hate to bake so I usually buy my desserts.


Today two friends took me out to lunch and fought over who would buy my lunch. Haha.
Then BP & LP and I went to a discount store and bought a recliner/rocker/game chair/thingy for LP's bedroom.

I made chicken and new potatoes for dinner.

Yesterday we went to St Elmo's Steakhouse in downtown Indianapolis for my birthday dinner.
I had good wine, their famous shrimp cocktail, filet mignon and bread pudding for dessert. It was very expensive but a very nice dinner and we had a good time. My sister who went with us told us that she's been there several times and she's seen Mario Andretti and some NFL coach in there.

Oh, they make their own shrimp sauce with freshly ground real horseradish and man, oh man that stuff was POTENT and cleared out my sinuses. When I took the first bite it was like the hot stuff went directlythrough my gray matter and ended at the very top of my skull! Whewy!

I also bought myself a B-Day present: My own plaque to put up in my backyard, certifying it as an official Backyard Wildlife Habitat. I will take a picture of it this spring when I put it up and there is something in bloom.

5 comments:

Catz said...

lol...thanks Emm!

I'm the opposite. I like to bake but hate to cook.

schell said...

Sounds great, Emma, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Sidenote: Mario Andretti lives about a mile from us. Keith grew up hanging out with him, and Mario would take him to his races to watch his oldest son, Michael while Mario raced. We have the first race helmet Mario ever wore.
And, every year at Halloween he has real people dressed up in scary costumes that hand out candy in his driveway. Braden looks forward to that every year.

Brenda said...

i am not a baker either. i get anxious measuring and stirring and fussing. i like to throw things together and not have to measure ingredients. that doesn't work well for baking.

Clank Napper said...

1) I love baking. If you get it wrong, you can throw it way and start again, with cooking, you only really get one chance.
2) If I went to St Elmos, I would have to have the house salad...no veggie option? Tsk.
3) I went to the Marsh Grocery Website, and found a really nice recipe for Berrys in a Cloud, however, I don't know what half the bloody ingredients are.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

What does a sugar cream pie taste like? I'm imagining something like creme brulee in a crust.