Sunday, December 23, 2007

A few weeks ago, Linda, one of the women I usually have lunch with, told the group that she lost one of her diamond tennis bracelets. She wears three bracelets on her wrist, and while out Christmas shopping she must have lost one. She listed five or six shops where it may have fallen off. She was heartbroken because it was not only expensive, but it also had sentimental value.



Flash Forward:

Yesterday I was sitting in the living room reading the newspaper and i went back to the Classifieds and the FREE column (lots of cats, a half breed puppy, and a piano this time). I glanced down at the Lost & Found column and there it was: A BRACELET FOUND IN THE VAC OF KOHL'S. CALL & DESCRIBE.
I called Linda and left a message on her machine that she ought to call this number_______,and describe her tennis bracelet. It was a longshot, but hey.

That afternoon she called and was thrilled--it was, in fact, her tennis bracelet!
So, I did my good deed for the day.

It's weird, because very seldom do I read the classifieds, Free Items column or Lost & Found. It must have been Synchronicity, Serendipity, Fate, or one of those things.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

lucky for her you had whatever it was. :)

and lucky for her the person who found it was nice enough to try and return it.

Catz said...

Not very many honest people in the world. Count her lucky stars she found one of those honest people.

Anonymous said...

do you really think that there are not many honest people ,I know when Ive found stuff Ive always handed it in either to a local shop or at the police station and I think the majority of people probably do

Brenda said...

well i just turned in a purse at the mall the other day full of cash, credit cards and a cell phone. i am hoping santa heard about that.

schell said...

In the words of Earl, you just generated yourself some good karma.

Catz said...

I don't think there's many. The ones that are out there seem few and far between.

I'm not trying to piss people off but that's just how I feel.

Anonymous said...

that must have felt really good, Emma
:)
4

Anonymous said...

i was shopping at a department store right after thansgiving. i was at the jewelry counter paying for a watch when i noticed someone's brand new credit account slip for an account they'd opened that day. they give you a slip to use before you get the card in the mail. i was floored, how could someone walk off leaving their slip. someone could have picked her slip up and charged their whole christmas on it. I handed it to the cashier and explained that it wasn't my slip but that someone had left it. The casheir happened to be the jewelry manager and she gave me a discount for being honest. I didn't need the discount but it was nice just the same. i can't imagine walking off without my card. i'm glad you helped your friend get her bracelet.

Jilly

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

I do so love serendipity