Sunday, June 03, 2007

Accent wall/Grocery

My Saturday was not relaxing. I finally painted the living room “accent wall.” It’s sort of the color of Moroccan leather mixed with a deep taupe. Now I have to get BP to rehang the pictures and such.

CAT HATER ALERT: CUTE CAT STORY COMING! I was up and down on this small four-foot ladder a lot. I took a break to go to the toilet/potty/loo and when I returned Miss Kiki Marie aka Nesta aka Sis was running up and down the ladder and having a good old time. I’ll bet in another life she was a circus cat. If I could train her to hold a paint brush I could be a wealthy woman. I’d pimp her out as a painter with posters like

NESTA THE PAINTING CAT
Too old to climb up and down ladders,

but still want a freshly painted room?
Cat Painter for hire
$2000/hour of painting and amusement


After the painting, I had to drag LP to the grocery store with me. What’s up with that? Should I, as his mother, simply have to say, “LP, I need your help at the grocery and I’d enjoy the pleasure of your company—hop in the car.”
But noooooooo it has to be a production. It’s not like I ask him to go every time.

He starts summer school and driver’s education tomorrow. If you are a pray-er, say one for me

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it was around the time my kids started driving that i started to get grey hairs.
it was worse when my daughter got her license. if it weren't for loreal i think i would be completely white!

Meme said...

My son is in love ,his girlfriend lives out in a little hamlet in the middle of nowhere, I knew nothing about this until her dad drove him home the other day and I saw out the window as he got out the car and kissed her goodbye ( what a cool dad she has) Last night he drove jack home and came in unannounced for a drink of water , I was so pleased to meet him as I stood there with my soaking wet hair and 1950s swedish Kaftan having dunk two glasses of vodka and strawberry puree

Anonymous said...

I want a cat and Stew wants a dog.

So we bought goldfish for the pond instead.

Anonymous said...

alex...have you met the girlfriend then? is she daughter in law material?

Anonymous said...

I have waved to her through the wondow , judging by how nice Jacks been since he started going out with her , I'd have them married by next week she's been a very good influence and her Dad likes jack and Jack thinks her dads really cool even though he;s a hippy from the 70s .I would blog about this on my blog but john reads it and he'll just make spiteful comm ents so apologies to emma for carrying on her blog

Anonymous said...

Alex, i don't think emma minds, as it's interesting to hear about (we're all boring).

Emma, at least he won't be on your couch all summer.

jilly

The Broards said...

No apology needed, Mems.
Your comments make my blog a little less drab!