Saturday, May 26, 2007

My Hands hurt

My hands hurt. I sifted compost and planted five new plants I bought at Menard’s I had told myself that under no circumstances would I buy another plant this season but I saw these giant blue scabiosas and white salvias and so I just did it.

I made an enchilada-type lasagna dish today and it was wonderful!

Sauce:

2 T olive oil 2 T flour and make a roux
add one small can of chicken stock
about 1 T chili powder
1 t cumin
½ cup water
and whisk it together and cook it for 10-15 minutes and set aside

Filling:

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T red pepper flakes
1 small can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 large package of corn tortillas

1 packaged shredded Mexican/Taco cheese


Spray glass baking dish with non stick spray. Layer of corn tortillas (put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds before layering)—I cut mine in half to make them fit the pan.

Layer of meat mixture

Layer of cheese

Layer of tortillas

Layer of meat

A final layer of tortillas and then top with the remaining cheese


Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for thirty minutes
I served it with a salad, but you can do whatever you want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum.

schell said...

Would it still be good without the beans?

Clank Napper said...

I got exhausted just reading all the ingredients.