Sunday, May 20, 2007

Clinton Library



We loved the Library. It was uncrowded, the workers and volunteers were wonderful (even if this sweet, kinda withered old man chastised me for taking flash pictures--he suggested holding my finger over the flash and that worked just fine.)
My favorite part was the Oval Office replica (pictures to come soon.) The Museum Store--housed down the street--was a disappointment. A lot of cheesy cheap crap, but I did buy a William J Clinton Presidential Library checkbook cover and an "I MISS BILL" bumpersticker.
I also liked the letters on display and the gifts they received from the American people and world leaders.
The Cafe 42 is in the basement of the building and we had a good lunch there--crab salad and chocolate torte for me, and my mother and Sis had the chicken salad and the Hillary cookies.
Speaking of my Mother. Sigh. Y'all haven't lived until you've taken a 9 hour road trip with an 80+ year old woman.
But it was a good time, and now I want to visit the Harry S Truman Presidential Library in Missouri.
--more photos to come--

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! glad you had a great time.
was there lots of potty stops on the 9 hour drive?

Anonymous said...

And you never called me (sniff sniff sniff)

Bert Bananas said...

Did you visit the massage parlor that Rush Limbaugh says is part of the Clinton Library?

Anonymous said...

i just can't bring myself to eat seafood in a landlocked state, it's just wrong.

the pictures are great, and i'm glad you got to go see something bill.

jilly

Bert Bananas said...

Emma, check this out and tell me what you think of it. It's a test on Global Warming:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/GlobWarmTest/start.html

The Broards said...

Spidey: LOTS!

Bert: I'm sure Limbaugh was high on Oxycontin when he said that.

Jilly: Good. More for me.

Clank Napper said...

Who was Mister Rogers?

Waltzing Matilda said...

You shoulda arranged to meet Cyber and Rosa!

Mr. Rogers was a children's television show host that used to pet his gold fish.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Betty :o)