Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Books for summer reading

New books I bought for one dollar each:

Oxford Book of American Poetry
French Women for All Seasons: Mireille Guiliano
The View From Castle Rock: Alice Munro
HP & The Order of the Phoenix (for a gift)
HP & The Half-Blood Prince (for a gift)
Ansel Adams The National Park Service Photographs w/ CD by Tim Janis
The Low Maintenance Garden: Susan Berry & Steve Bradley
Heritage of Ireland: History of Ireland & Its People: Nathaniel Harris
Irish Traditions: Kathleen Jo Ryan
The Enchanted Garden: Claire O’Rush
Books I bought because I want to reread:
Walden & Resistance to Civil Government: Henry D. Thoreau
Steinbeck, centennial editions:
Travels with Charley
The Pearl
The Grapes of Wrath
Of Mice and Men

I think that will be a good start to my summer reading

8 comments:

Roger said...

Consider this about Walden - Thoreau used iron nails on his shack. Roughing it, my ass.

R

Meme said...

I am reading a jolly good book at the moment , if you like something a little different .The Book of Lost Things by John Connoly

Waltzing Matilda said...

Ansel Adams was awesome, and it's no secret that I love Harry Potter.

Clank Napper said...

Am so excited about the last HP book coming out in the summer I could start doing camp clapping.

Anonymous said...

How is that Alex? I keep seeing at the bookstore and almost grab it, but I just can't decide.

Roger, please Thoreau was on land Emerson owned, and he was barely out of sight of Concord.

Interesting list Emma.

Meme said...

It;s fabulous rosa its was recommended to me by soemone who loves neil Gaimen and terry pratchett and also slightly off the wall non sci .fi fantasy authors and Its absolutely brilliant I don't want it to end

Anonymous said...

i am reading The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks and I am liking it.

Anonymous said...

interesting list, Emma. Have you ever read Woman at the Edge of Time (Marge Piercy)?
Four