Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas cards and vomiting

Thanks for the Christmas card Jilly. You’re always so thoughtful.
-----------


I received a card from Tree too. It’s my favorite this year: Black and white, with a bunch of little boys dressed in red (I’m imagining the color) hooded fleece outfits pulling a string that’s attached to the trunk of a Christmas tree. Galison New York. Old-fashiony. This card would be a cool framed and matted print. Inside she wrote a nice message, although I think she called me an arsonist!
Anyway, thanks Tree.

------------------------

LP came home from school yesterday, called me at work, said he wasn’t feeling well and was taking a nap. This is unheard of. He seldom naps. When I came home at 4:30 he was on the couch with a wastebasket near him. Uh oh. Around 6, I asked him to get up because I was afraid he’d never go to sleep at bedtime. He got up, went to the bathroom and then told me he had vomited twice before I got home. He and a friend had eaten lunch at Taco Bell that day. Yuck. He went back to sleep and woke up at 8 asking for a Sprite. Not having any in the house, I went down to the little store and brought back a Sprite for him. He drank half of that and went back to sleep and slept all night. I went to ask him this morning if he felt good enough to go to school (they have finals today and tomorrow) but he said no and wants to sleep. I plan on going to work this morning but I’ll come back at lunch to check on him. Poor kid.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

taco bell has had a run of food contamination. if he keeps vomiting i would take him to the doc. is his friend sick too?
feel better LP!!!!

i don't eat at taco bell anymore after we got that sloppy taco pizza (picture available) :X

Anonymous said...

Emma, you burn up the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

There's also a fierce stomach virus around this year. In town, they've had the stomach bug run through the nursing home so fiercely it made the news. A doctor is a wise idea either way.

I'd have sent you a card, but I lost your address when our computer died.

Anonymous said...

I would have sent you a Christmas Card, but I've never gotten your address from you. : (

Anonymous said...

I don;t send cards and even if I did I doubt I;d send one overseas and even if I did it probably wouldn;t be to you but merry xmas anyway

The Broards said...

and fuck you too Mems ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd have delivered my card in person if you'd ever been insane enough to give me your address. I would spend days following you around, trying to get up enough nerve to approach you, and I'd have stared at my feet the whole time I had your attention, which, because of my extreme low self esteem, surely couldn't have been more than a few seconds.

I stopped eating at Taco Bell in April of 1968. Thank you for bringing up a horrible, horrible memory.

The Broards said...

Dear Mr Bananas

You're a Rockford fercrissakes....you could hunt me down

The Broards said...

I'm glad that author had the good sense to remove her post before anyone could read it! Yes indeedy!
---O---O---

Anonymous said...

aha! You left a clue: "---O---O---"

It was about a bra, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Blu, you yummy Roman Catholic Shiksa, I bet you'd dig a double post!