Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday

It was raining and thundering and lightning last night with more rain on the way today, so that shoots my “Work Outside” Day today. I think I may see a movie today—either Borat or Stranger Than Fiction. I saw Dustin Hoffman the other night on The Daily Show (he’s in STF). What a funny man he is. He has five kids and the youngest left the house last year and so he said it was his Martin Luther King Day—“Free at last free at last thank God Almighty I’m free at last.” lol. Jon axed him which was worse: Having his teeth drilled on by a Nazi (in Marathon Man) or being groped by Charles Durning (in Tootsie). He picked the groped one.

We’re going to my youngest sister’s family house for Thanksgiving and she wants me to bring a “fun green salad.” OK. BORING. I’ll wing it.

LP’s 16th birthday is a week from today! I think Jilly mentioned in Tree’s blog that Maryland has raised the age limit on driving to 18. They’re thinking about doing that here, and I’ve told LP. I’ve pestered him three times to give me his choice about driver’s education (he can pick 2 weeks after school, or Sunday afternoons for ten weeks,) and he hasn’t decided. I’m not asking again. If he wants to drive then he’ll have to take some responsibility and decide some things.

13 comments:

Brenda said...

it sounds like he is in no hurry to drive. my son was like that. he took his time. on the other hand, my daughter signed herself up for class, paid the fee on her own and was driving the minute she turned 16.
it was stormy and windy here too yesterday. but today the sun is shining. :)

Anonymous said...

Emma, I didn't get to see Borat last weekend. My date fizzled due to exhaustion.

Fun green salad doesn't really go with Thanksgiving. I'm making dinner at home, for only the four of us. It will be nice to not have to drive anywhere.

schell said...

Emma, both those movies look good to me, though I'd probably choose Stranger Than Fiction.
Do what my sister-in-law did a couple of years ago when I asked her to bring a salad for some family function...she showed up with a bag that held a head of lettuce, a pepper, a tomato, some celery and a couple of carrots. Oh, and a bottle of store brand dressing.

Meme said...

I went to see sixty six today it was good

Meme said...

My son saw orat last week he loved it so it may be aimed at 15 year old boys

Brenda said...

oh yeah. it is raunchy to the nth degree. the two nude guys rolling around made me shut my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Have just been to imdb to read up on Baron-Cohen...what a very cool bloke. Would love to meet him out of character.

Anonymous said...

only you would ahve to look up baron cohen on imdb when he;s been splashed across the papers for the last 4 years and even bloody richard madley has done impersonations of him.I swear to god you live in a time warp you strange woman

Anonymous said...

Has he? I didnt watch Ali G really. Have you ever seen him in anything out of character then?

The Broards said...

Clank . . Jackie? Do you have a blog? I want a link to it.

Also does Vikada have a blog?

Anonymous said...

nope he's like rowan atkinson he never appears as his himelf but he is a nice looking bloke.Vikada doesn;t have a blog and if clank had one it would be full of pictures of her daughter dressed ans mr pekersniff,fortunately she;s so busy on ebay she only has time to comment rather than actually blogg

Anonymous said...

I resent those comments. I have never dressed my daughter as Pecksniff.

And she liked dressing up as Ada Haversham. All those cobwebs and white lace. What three year old wouldn't?

Anonymous said...

...no, I don't blog.

I don't have anyone who would read it to be honest. Except my mother, and she would just embarress me.