Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Parm frittata

I am definitely not in the so-called Christmas Spirit. I’m beginning to dread this time of year. I don’t even want to put up a Christmas Tree. Bah Humbug. I thought of Lemon Blur aka Conradcanary today because that Overstock.com girl was singing O-O-O The Big Big O, Overstock dot com . . . Conrad loves that dame. That commercial played last year too. What’s the matter? Can’t they spring for a new commercial?
It was just me and BP for dinner tonight, so I made breakfast: Applewood smoked bacon, rye toast, and a chive and Parmesan cheese frittata.

Chive & Parm Frittata

5 or 6 large eggs
3 TB milk
salt
black pepper
pinch red pepper flakes
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 TB fresh snipped chives
2 TB minced fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat eggs, add milk and everything else.
In an oven-safe skillet (on the smallish side) on the stovetop, ON LOW, heat a tablespoon of both butter and olive oil. Add egg mixture and cook on low for a few minutes, then transfer the skillet in the oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. It will be puffed and golden. Serve with toast and bacon. It’s prettier than plain scrambled eggs!

2 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

I LOVE applewood smoked bacon.

Also try applewood smoked cheese sometime.

Anonymous said...

You don't wanna put up ma tree 'cos it's still November. I put mine up on the 15th at the earliest and take it down the day after Boxing Day.