Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday. Blech

1. Uncle Allen is back staying with us for another four days. But the good news is that I'm going on a two day business trip and leaving this evening.



2. Among LP's school announcements:
Homecoming is this week. Dress up days are the following: Tuesday-1960s (peace, love, and the hippie movement), Wednesday-1970s (groovy disco baby!), Thursday-1980s (retro, big hair, stone washed, leg warmers), Fridays-spirit day (red and blue).


80's=retro? okay.


3. I made kickass stuffed green peppers last night for dinner. Marsh had green peppers on sale yesterday--25 cents apiece. I was giddy, almost Biddy-like, seeing the sale sign--and I didn't even have a coupon!
blu, did you made my hot Italian sausage concoction?

10 comments:

schell said...

Oh my Gosh, I made stuffed peppers for supper last night too! I took leftovers for lunch today, and my students tried them and loved 'em!

Brenda said...

we love stuffed green peppers at our house.

Anonymous said...

I loved it when I went to Miami once and we cut loads of coupons out for stuff! We don't get those over here much. I'll bet you don't have to pay full price for anything over there.

Anonymous said...

the 80s are retro ;-) just as the 60s were retro in the 80s

Anonymous said...

Emma, what kind of camera do you have? your photos are always so fabulous.

Brenda said...

LOL Fez...

Anonymous said...

What is homecoming?

britters said...

it's where you dress up and go to a dance and there's a big fuss and football game and a parade and all kinds of crap.

The Broards said...

hello all!
Jackie, Homecoming is when a high school (or college) welcome back alumni for a weekend of football and booze (if it's college) It's a way to also hit up alumni for donations.


and I don't like coupons. Ocassionally I clip them fully intending to use them in the grocery store but they hang out in my purse until after the expiration date.

Catz said...

lol on the giddy comment.

i love stuffed peppers.my family hates them.so it's something i rarely get to have.

i used to clip coupons with the intention of using them.they hang around somewhere until the expiration date runs out.