Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I have an Oowie

I’m taking a few days off of work. I replanted some sedum out back by the shed where the Messy Area used to be. I love this area now. The ornamental grasses have grown and filled in and it’s beautiful, especially when it’s windy. I pulled some weeds and mulched the area too. I cleaned and Cloroxed the bird bath and rinsed it well, filled up the yellow finch feeder, and hung out on the porch awhile with a magazine.

I made some hot Italian sausage and pasta for an early Linner (combo lunch and dinner). Onions, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, crushed tomatoes, oregano, S & P. It smelled heavenly and tasted just as good. I got a knife out of the drawer to slice the onion, and slammed the drawer shut . . . with my finger inside. You know when something hurts so badly that it just knocks the breath out of you? That’s what happened. I sat down. LP heard me yell and came and got some ice and put it in a baggie for me. That helped. He was very attentive and wanted to know if I wanted a Tylenol. I said, “No, but will you check to see if the dryer’s off and if it is will you take out the towels and fold them?” He said, “You’re stretching it, Mom.” But he did it anyway. LOL.

The ice helped and I’m glad my finger isn’t broken.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

wow. just today i was thinking of hurting myself so i can be waited on. are we related?

The Broards said...

1 package of Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage. Remove casings and form into small balls
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 big cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 small can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 spring fresh rosemary. Leaves chopped
¼ chopped fresh Italian parsley
½ t salt
½ t black pepper

Brown sausage. Set aside.
Sauté onion, garlic in a little olive oil for about four or five minutes. Then add tomatoes and all the seasonings. Return the sausage to the pan. Simmered covered for at least 20 minutes until the sausage cooks through. Serve over linguine.

NOTES:
*Sometimes I also add a thinly sliced red bell pepper.
*I also fill the crushed tomato can half way with water and add that to the pan, if the mixture is too thick.
*I would have put some fresh basil in too but mine turned black