Friday, June 30, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

The Good News:

1. Meryl Streep needs to be nominated for her role as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada. She steals every scene as the Bitch-from-Hell Boss. She speaks softly but would just as soon slit your throat rather than look at you. Exxxxxcellent. I love Meryl.

2. Stanley Tucci. What role hasn’t this guy excelled in? He’s such fun to watch.

3. Emily Blunt. WTF is Emily Blunt? I don’t know, but she was great as Miranda’s put-upon assistant. When she and Anne Hathaway share the scene, you look at her, not the star.

The Bad News:

1. Who cast Anne Hathaway as heroine Andrea Sachs? Do you believe she’s the “ugly duckling”? Do we believe her when Miranda calls her fat and ungainly? Not just no, but hell no. The whole cast was believable but her. It’s not her fault---she just shouldn’t have been cast in the first place.


This movie was both fun and funny but it had a predicable ending. Still, I’d give it an A-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie, but they completely butchered the book. Nigel was supposed to be a 6'5" black man. Also, they cut out the part where Andy tells Miranda to go fuck herself.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I think Anne Hathaway is kind of gawky looking.

Brenda said...

she didn't mean jane hathaway urbs. hehe

Anonymous said...

I saw it last nite and loved it. I took my 83yr old father to see it. His comment.......Jesus that was a loud movie, but I guess it was better than Superman. Haaaa. I loved it. Merryl Streep looks exactly like my mother in law and her twin sister. It almost always makes me laugh. Lulu

The Broards said...

Lubeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
Meryl also looks like my dearly departed Aunt Theresa

Anonymous said...

Thats too funny. I will have to try and get some pics of my mom in law and send it to you.Lu