Friday, March 24, 2006

Michael Buble

Verbie sent me one of those emails that ask you what your favorite this and that is. I completed it and passed it on to several of you. One question was "What CD are you listening to a lot." I had to confess to Michael Buble's (pronounced Booblay) It's Time.
If you don't know him, he's a Canadian crooner in the style of Harry Connick, Jr., Frank Sinatra, and Dean Martin. His big hit is a song called "Home" but both of his CDs are filled with old time classics like "I've Got You Under My Skin" He even covered Van Morrison's classic "Moondance."
This is good driving-the-car music. Very soothing.

9 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

yeah, I wasn't included either. Not that I would have filled it out. I don't care for those kinds of forwarded email things. but still, da noive!

Buble is a cutie. I like his live album best right now, though I skip past the slow songs.

If I could get him and Russell Watson in a room together, I'd be in a 4-walled heaven.

vq said...

Look out girls. Next time I get one of those, you're getting it.

I've never filled one in and sent it off before, and I was thrilled that my victims...er, recipients, Mum and Emma, sent it back immediately!

Catz said...

I didn't get one either.


Wasn't Michael an AI contestant?I've heard him sing before.I like him.I'm not much for that type of music,but it's soothing.He sings well.

Anonymous said...

No, Buble wasn't an AI contestant. I fall asleep driving to soothing music...I need Queen, Def Leppard or such.

schell said...

Who wants soothing when you're driving? I want something I can sing along too, and pretend that I am on AI.

The Broards said...

"Who wants soothing when you're driving?"

Do you have a teenager who listens to obnoxiously loud hip hop on a CD player?

Sonya said...

You might like Jamie Cullum.

Meme said...

Jamie Cullums Gurning whilst he sings is gut churning though

UrbanStarGazer said...

I saw Buble on some show recently, like Letterman or something, and was thinking to myself "What's the big whoop?"