Tuesday, June 17, 2008

She looks like Julia Roberts

So last night I went in to Family Video with the LP. I was looking around and this couple (around age 60) were looking at Becoming Jane about Jane Austen (played by Anne Hathaway)
Man: Who plays in that?
Woman: I'm not sure.
Man: She looks like Julia Roberts. Is it Julia Roberts?
Woman: No, it isn't.
Man: It sure LOOKS like Julia Roberts. What's it about?
Woman: Jane Austen.
Man: WHO?
Woman: Jane Austen.
Man ( I KID YOU NOT): Who the hell is Jane Austen??

(sheesh!)

The woman answered, "A dead writer from a long time ago."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live on an estate where all the roads are called after Authors, I live in kipling and there's a bronte and a dickens and a beecher stowe , there's also an Austin and it drives me insane its all I can do not to sneak out in the night and change it from an I to an E

fezidian said...

awful to live in Kipling but I suppose Dickens would be worse. I'd have to call to complain about the "Austin" - or is it supposed to be another non-Austen writer?

Anonymous said...

I quite like Kipling I couldn't move to dickens I don't know any othewr austins authors