Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Trip to Dayton

Some tidbits about my meeting:


  • The Dayton meeting was productive. I was shocked. However the travel back to Indiana was horrible. I got caught in a torrential rainstorm on US 70 and c0uld not see ten feet in front of me. I pulled ovcr onto the shoulder with my flashers on and sat there hoping that no one would run into me. Cars were still moving, but some put on their flashers. It blew over in about 15 minutes and I was on my way again. I hate driving in bad weather.
  • We went out for drinks and dinner on Wednesday. Since it was on the company's dime, I ordered a margarita with Patron tequila and then ordered a second.
  • During the meeting Wednesday afternoon I felt this awful stabbing beneath my right breast. I went into the restroom and found that my underwire in my bra had popped out and the thing was poking me. I didn't bring an extra bra to an overnight meeting (would you??) and I tried to pull the damned thing out but it wouldn't budge so I twisted it the best I could so it wouldn't hit skin and continued on. As I hit US 70 (before the awful rain) I undid the bra hooks and remove it via the armholes of my shirt and chucked it outside the car going 65 MPH. Yes, I littered. But I hope some poor creature finds it and takes it back to their nest, home, etc and uses it in good health.

Today it looks rainy but I'm going to go run some errands (Post Office, Panera Bread) before it gets too bad.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

glad you are back safe and sound.

nothing worse than getting poked in the boob with your underwire. the older i get the less i like wearing a bra and that thing gets removed as soon as i walk in the door. it is also known as "releasing the hounds".

mavis sidebottom said...

you know berts going to be cruising that highway for days now don;t you

schell said...

I've been poked by an underwire or two in my life and it hurts!

I am in shock that you would litter! You don't seem like the littering type.

Anonymous said...

"I didn't bring an extra bra to an overnight meeting (would you??)"

Well, yes because something like that always happens.

Anonymous said...

every time we go to bloomington, we take us70 and i have to say this, i feel bad for ohio. 70 makes ohio look like a giant trailer park. i know it isn't one, but from 70, that's what it looks like.

jilly

Clank Napper said...

When my wires come out, they always stick in underneath my arm. I have to say, the more expensive bra I have bought the less it seems likely to happen.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I have this vision in my head now of a bird's nest made from your bra.