Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Signature lines

Do you know someone who puts a quotation in their email signature? Most of these signatures are annoying—especially those coming from work email.
A few days ago I got this email from one of my counterparts in another department. She was pissed that I hadn’t done something she thought I should have—even though it was in her court and she got called on it in a meeting.
The email went something like this:

WHY DIDN”T YOU SAY SOMETHING IN THAT MEETING?? I CAN’T BELIEVE NO ONE SAID ANYTHING! It wasn’t MY fault that it was SCREWED UP and NO ONE SAID A DAMNED WORD! This is gonna come and BIT ME IN THE ASS Come BONUS TIME IN a few weeks. I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS SHIT!

What was funny is that her signature line was:

"I don’t sweat the small stuff, and I’ve discovered that it’s all small stuff."




You gotta admit---that’s funny.

-------------

Many people at my workplace have gone to inserting their picture in their emails--right above their name. People should not do this.

7 comments:

Clank Napper said...

Oooooh I am going to think of a signature for my emails too!

Is "fuck off you morons" too offensive?

UrbanStarGazer said...

I love things like that. On a similar note, I've come to realize that anyone who has "Have a great day" or anything similar in their outgoing voice mail message is nuts.

At least, that's been my experience.

Anonymous said...

i simply don't care enough to give myself a signature line and i don't pay attention to those that do. in fact, i feel that most people who bother to mess with that crap at work don't have enough work to do at work and should be given more to do.

jilly

Anonymous said...

I am going to have lowering the tone of the internet since 1996 on all my emails I htink

Anonymous said...

Yes, the irony is nice, but I am too busy laughing at the wrong tense of bit me in the ass line... but I'm in finals, so all typos make me laugh or cry...

Anonymous said...

Yes, the irony is nice, but I am too busy laughing at the wrong tense of bit me in the ass line... but I'm in finals, so all typos make me laugh or cry...

Beanns37 said...

Ok, I actually have one of those, I admist it, it is: Be a life long or short, its completeness depends on what it was lived for. - David Starr Jordan

I like mine, it says something I actually believe :)