Thursday, May 29, 2008

yesterday's project




BP & I went to Menard's yesterday for a few things he needed and I saw this ugly plain wood and plastic chair in the markdown aisle for $20. I bought it, a can of "Jade" spray paint and one of "Key Lime." BP took the chair apart so that I could paint the slats and here it is--no longer plain, no longer ugly. A piece of functional garden art which I can sit down in when I'm out there working and get tired. I like it. I was going to paint each slat a different color, but BP reigned me in a little.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

i love it.

being in the garden makes me super happy. i heard a tip today that i should pour a half of a beer on my tomato plants once a week and i will grow huge tomatoes. i am going to try it. of course i will then have to drink the other half.

Jenny Robin said...

Excellent color choices. Looks almost Caribbean.

Anonymous said...

you didn't get BP a matching chair or a little table for some drinks?

jilly

The Broards said...

No Jilly . . .BP's not the sitting-out-in-the- garden type. and there was only ONE on markdown . . . in each arm there's an indentation to serve as cup holders

Brenda said...

i see that lovely fence behind the chair. :)

Anonymous said...

I like. - blu