Saturday, March 22, 2008

Enchanted

I bought myself an early easter present: Disney's Enchanted on DVD.
What a wonderful movie! Amy Adams is just charming as a cartoon come to life--she's a got a good singing voice too. The group song of How Does She Know That You Love Her in Central Park was one of my favorite scenes.

Patrick Dempsey was good. And I loved that the casting person casted a real-looking little girl as his daughter Morgan. She wasn't cutesy. She wasn't blonde. She didn't over act. She wasn't bratty. She was a little chubby and looked like a real six year old.

Only my sweetie Susan Sarandon was a scenery chewer as the evil stepmother. She should have scaled it back a bit, but I forgive her--she's Susan Sarandon for cryin' out loud.

Even my poor black gangsta child watched it with me and enjoyed it in spite of himself!~

1 comment:

Clank Napper said...

All kids like Disney. Even when pretend they don't.

I just watched Fanny by Gaslight with James Mason. Very racy for it's day!