Friday, January 18, 2008

Ok, so it's going to be way, way frigid this weekend (that's a meteological term--'way way frigid')

Last weekend I painted something that I want to hang on the kitchen wall. This weekend I'll put the finishing touches on it and ask BP to hang it.

Since we have a 3 day weekend (thanks MLK, Jr!) one project I'd like to tackle is the bedroom closet. It's a catch-all and an absolute mess and I don't even want to tackle it--but it's a job that needs to be done.

Project Runway: I'm sad that Kit was booted. She seemed like such a nice and talented person. I hated all the avant garde creations except Jillian and Victorya's. That coat and ruffled shirt were great! All the contestants this year seem to truly like each other, and not backstabbers like in years past.

A few days ago in Indianapolis some gunmen went into a house (a reputed crackhouse) and murdered the two women there. As if that weren't enough they also killed their two small children (one was a baby.) WTF? Why in the hell did they have to murder those kids? No sense to it at all. Now supposedly three out of the four gunmen have been captured, and of course, each said he was there, but not the shooter. Sigh.

15 comments:

Brenda said...

they must have been forced to play chess when they were young. that makes people angry sob's from what i hear. and also an excuse for being one.

Brenda said...

emma, please never try to understand the mind of a murderer. there is never any sense to it. people like that are a waste of humanity.

Anonymous said...

A picture of the picture please.

I can sometimes understand why people kill. I think I could wuite cheerfully shoot somebody if they hurt my daughter. However, a child? Who has never done any harm? How can you get into the mind of a person like that?

Anonymous said...

I assume they were high on something themselves and in their minds the kids were witnesses or maybe they just got into a killing frenzy just thank whoever you thank that it's still a rare thing and would still be rare if you read one case of it a day

Anonymous said...

Gee, Spidey, who knew you played chess.

RE: Project Runway's Kit. According to some of the sites I read, Bravo put up some interview footage of Kit as the contestants were waiting for the judging to finish, and she was bad mouthing everyone.

Also, how is a ruffled shirt at all avante-garde? In fact how is anything you could possibly wear (like a trench coat) avante-garde? I mean it was a nice coat, but I've seen trench coats with tartan plaid in Sears--maybe not so tailored, but essentially the same idea.

Sorry to hear about the horrible incident--there seems to be a lot of those sorts of things going around. In Little Rock a week or so ago, drive by shooters deliberately targeted the part of the house (family home, nothing illicit suspected of it) where the six-year-old girl was watching TV (apparently she was the target). A six year-old targeted for murder? What on earth could she have done to be targeted for murder? There's no logic or sense to it at all--just plain meanness and craziness.

At least childhood deprived chess players only become assholes and not murderers.

Brenda said...

no rosa. wrong again. i am an angry sob for an entirely different reason.

The Broards said...

There will be no being mean to Spidey on this blog.

Thank you

Brenda said...

thank you emma.

schell said...

For some reason, it takes forever to open your blog. Everyone else's opens in a couple of seconds, but yours takes minutes. I wonder why?
I would like to see a picture of the picture too.
My bedroom closet has a ton of crap in it too. If we don't know what to do with something, it goes in there.

Brenda said...

i am experiencing the same thing schell.
my closet is also stuffed with crap. it is the hiding place for when i don't know what to do with something. there is stuff in there i haven't seen for 10 years way in the back. one of these days it will be next in line for the decrapping.

Bert Bananas said...

I hate when I come late to a blog entry and it's all full of estrogen...

The Broards said...

"For some reason, it takes forever to open your blog"

I guess good things come to those who wait

The Broards said...

but really my archives might be too much--I'll delete a lot of stuff

Brenda said...

bert, you didn't miss a thing.

Anonymous said...

emma, what happened to the high school principal, did he get fired? i left in the middle of the story.

jilly