Sunday, May 07, 2006

Pictures Aplenty























Here are some pictures I took yesterday. That's my first iris in bloom. The wizard and colored rocks sitting in a dish atop the wooden crates thing is on my porch for awhile.
Then there's the copper fountain beside statue of Saint Francis. In front of the fountain is a container planted with strawberries.
That's a picture of a bleeding heart. It's the first year it's really looked pretty. I'm surprised that it lived--Last fall I Rounded-Up the bed it was in, but since they die back and disappear after they bloom, maybe that's why it was saved.
That's one of the barrels I told you about. This one is planted with herbs: Rosemary, two kinds of parsley, thyme, peppermint and basil.

13 comments:

doreenmary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meme said...

dearest emem I think you could have framed your photos a little better although your control over the focus is improving

UrbanStarGazer said...

I'm thinking of heading over to the local nursery and getting some stuff for up here. There's still snow on the ground in some places but I need to repot the things that hang from the hooks on the front of the house. Gonna look for the stuff Emma mentioned that smells good, for H.

Brenda said...

your herb garden looks great. i have to wait a few more weeks to be sure there won't be any more frost before i plant mine. thanks for sharing your pictures and lol meme.

Waltzing Matilda said...

I like the iris picture, but they're my favorite flowers.

Brenda said...

wow emma.... you won approval!

Anonymous said...

amazing, irises have been in bloom for ages here.

The Broards said...

Rosa,
FYI
Things bloom earlier in the South

Meme said...

We still have daffodils in bloom nowt else is really out on top of our hill yet

Anonymous said...

no shit?

The Broards said...

No shit! You learn something new every day, huh?

UrbanStarGazer said...

We were running around yesterday on errands and everywhere I looked there were daffodils. They're so pretty and happy looking but stink!

Meme said...

is no shit a question about fertilizer?