Sunday, March 04, 2007

Turbo Scratcher



This is a Turbo Scratcher cat toy. My cat LOVES it! Nesta's never been one for cat toys. She'd rather chase/fetch a tossed straw or a red dot from the laser pointer, but I bought this yesterday and she LOVES it. It has a golf ball embeded into the ring so it rolls around, and corrugated cardboard in the middle for scratching. It came with a packet of catnip to spread around the cardboard, but she's never been one for catnip so I didn't use it. She lays on it and bats at the ball, then she'll scratch the cardboard, then she'll jump on it, then she'll crouch down beside it and leap on the ball. Now she's just sitting atop it like she's the Queen of the World.

Admit it . . this picture is MUCH better than the Ball-less Basil on Meme's blog!

LP and I visited my Mom yesterday. All's well there. It snowed a little bit, but the drive home was gorgeous. The sun finally came out and the skies were actually blue. I can't remember when the last time I saw a blue sky was.

7 comments:

Catz said...

pocahontas (RIP) loved this. she liked playing with straws, cap rings,etc. as well but i bought her one of these and she loved it! she slept and sat atop of hers.


glad your mom's doing fine. we had sloppy wet weather earlier in the week. the last 2 days the sun's been out with 69 degrees.

Roger said...

My cat and my mom's cat love those things. Another triumph for Wal-Mart. Sigh.

R

UrbanStarGazer said...

I'll have to get one for the pigs, see if they like it.

vq said...

Once my cats figured out they'd never get the ball out, they stopped playing with it.

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking:

Sweet God why is this blaahg thing so difficult to use? WTF is a "google account"?? I apparently have 2 of them...neither one actually functions though. I have no clue what a "google account" would actually DO....and even less interest.

Ah well if you feel like it please inform the relavent lunkheads of the following:

BLT cannot put a humbucker in a Fender Strat....I tried...the body is too thin...He's going to destroy a perfectly good guitar.

The figures on vandas blaaaaahg resemble Chladni Figures. An interesting phenomenon in physics that will be wasted on him.

Tell Rosama it really is me.

Some slob was lamenting their inability to interpret a dream. Who was that guy in the bookshelf who use to interpret dreams?? Oh wait...that was me.

That concludes this transmission.

nagual4a said...

Uh Oh.....The Nagual has a GOOGLE ACCOUNT. Bite it.

Ga GOO GOO GOO Ga GAA GAA GAA is all I want to say to you.

Seriously, Why are these blaaahgs so difficult to use?

I was posting to Vanda about Chladni Figures and had to input special "verification codes" just to make a post. That seems silly to me.

Ah well...Time to see if this works.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I hate to be the wet blanket but . . . there's no way that's the real Nagual.